- The fees cover all expenses, including teaching expenses, for the academic year. It is therefore of utmost importance that all fees be paid promptly.
- For all students, fees must be paid by the 10th of each month.
- Should the 10th be a holiday, then payment is to be made on the last working day before the 10th of the relevant month.
- Fee for winter vacations (December, January & February) will be charged in the month October & November.
- Parents can make payments by draft or cheques drawn in favour of “SouthVale: The World School”, payable in Solan.
- Wire transfer is available.
- Online payment option is visible on the School App through a payment portal (PayUmoney)
- Further details can be obtained from the Accounts Office.
- The transaction charges levied by the bank/online payment gateways must be paid by the parent.
- There is also a facility of submitting the school fee online through plastic money (credit cards/debit cards) at the school premises. The transaction charges levied by the bank/online payment gateways must be paid by the parent.
- Late fee charges are @ INR 50 per day. This shall be levied from the 11th of the month (the date by which school dues are to be paid), till the end of the month. If the dues are not cleared even by that date, the name of the student will be struck off the rolls. Re-admission may be allowed at the discretion of the Executive Director, only after payment of all dues, including late fee along with 50% of the normal admission fee. This is subject to availability of a seat in the relevant class.
- No student, whose fee remains unpaid either in full or in part, will be allowed to sit for the examinations.
- Until the outstanding fees are received, no internal examination results, reports or recommendations to other schools/colleges will be issued to the student or parent.
- If parents or guardians require students to miss school for a valid reason, the parent or guardian must inform the Principal in writing or on App in advance and get clearance prior to making any arrangements.
- When in session, students are expected to attend school regularly as per the dates published in each academic calendar.
- Parents are discouraged from allowing students to absent themselves from school.
- If holidays are taken, it is to be clearly understood that the effect on the student’s education is the responsibility of the parent and not that of the school.
- While class or subject teachers may, at their discretion, help students catch up on course work they missed during their absence, this can in no way compensate for formal instruction in the classroom.
- When students are absent for medical or other unexpected reasons, a written note on the school app from the parent or guardian must reach the Principal on the first day of the student’s return to school. This must be supported by a medical certificate in case of sick leave for more than two days.
- If a child has been suffering from a communicable/contagious disease, he/she will be allowed to attend school only after submission of a medical certificate of fitness from a qualified doctor.
- Unexplained absences will be followed up by the Principal.
- Students are allowed to attend school in home clothes on their birthday, but they must be formally attired.
- Permission will not be granted to any student to leave the school unaccompanied to attend birthday celebrations of their classmates or friends, nor will students be given access to the address and telephone numbers of any student in order to send an invitation.
Prep time on school days will be conducted for Home Work & Revision
SouthVale: The World School does not approve of homework for homework’s sake. As an extension and reinforcement of class work home-work/prep is designed to encourage.
- Extensive coverage of the curriculum.
- Adequate preparation that makes the time in the classroom more effective.
- Opportunities to develop responsibility and independence.
- Development of organisational and study skills.
- Exploration and identification of useful resources other than those provided by the school.
Homework/Prep May Be Set In A Variety Of Ways:
- As completion of classwork.
- Reading, writing or research related to classwork.
- Practising mathematics problems.
- Re-enforcing grammar and spelling.
- Since part of the homework is done in school, it ensures children have time to play and enjoy recreation-time, both in the day- boarding and at home.
Assessment and Reporting
- The purpose of assessment is to transmit structured information about the student’s progress to the student, the teacher and the parents.
- SouthVale: The World School evaluates students’ work in a variety of ways, including continuous assessment, course work and examinations.
- Students will be analysed also on the bases of the co-curricular activities.
- A detailed behaviour analysis report will be sent along with academic marks/grades.
- A student who fails to pass a Grade twice in three years will not be permitted to continue his /her education at SouthVale: The World School.
- The SouthVale: The World School reporting system is designed to provide this information on a regular and systematic basis. We are also committed to informing parents immediately if problems arise.
Medical History Forms
- Please fill the Medical History Form carefully for treatment in case of emergency and proper health care of the student.
- We request that students receiving transient or long term medical treatment discuss this with the classTeacher/Principal prior to starting school. Please ensure that appropriate information is documented on the medical form.
- Students returning to school after an absence, including vacation, must provide details of any illness or accident during this period.
Parent Consent Forms
- The Parental Consent Form enables the school to make informed decisions on behalf of the student.
- As part of the Parental Consent Form, parents are requested to give permission to their wards to join school-organised trips within and outside Himachal Pradesh. Since the student’s safety is our foremost concern students will always be chaperoned by members of the teaching and helping staff. However, the school cannot be held responsible for any injury caused due to any accident during school trips, adventure activities, excursions, field visits etc. on or outside the school campus.
- The form will be provided by the School, when required.
- The parents are requested to submit 2 pictures each : Mother, Father & guardian who would pick up the child from school/van.
- Parents/Guardians are required to notify the Principal well in advance and in writing regarding the withdrawal of a student during the academic session.
- A minimum notice of one term (three months) is required. The fees of one term (inclusive of all charges) will be payable in lieu of the notice, in the event of failure to furnish the required notice.
- All leavers must obtain a Clearance Form from the Accounts Department. Until this has been completed and signed, ensuring the return of all school property in good condition, no examination results, reports, recommendations and transfer certificates to future schools will be issued to the student or parent.